martedì 29 gennaio 2013

Kas tead....


Did you know that in almost every country there is a different marking system? For example, in Estonia in the university you can be marked from A-F (F means you've failed), also in Norway, as I heard. But in Germany the score is 6-1, in Spain 10-1 and here, in Italy.. well.. 30-1 (the highest is the best) And you have to get at least 18 points to pass the exam.

I have 3 exams which are going to my studies in Tartu. Storia greca (Greek history) was today, letteratura latina (latin literature) and of course italian. Which is a little bit different for me, they are oral.. and also it's the first time for me not to take the exam in my native language. But let's give it a try.. Penso positivo!!!



Obviously, people who know me well, know the fact that I cannot study for a long time, which means that before the exam I start reading/studying just few days before. And of course then I cannot concentrate and I'm doing other things (for example on Saturday we went to the mountains, I'll tell that story later). I tried, so hard. I had my Mom's books (why should I buy the book in italian if I'm going to make this exam in english and I could translate my own estonian books to english or use... WIKIPEDIA or YOUTUBE! Yes, I really did that, by the way, pretty useful, as the movies that we saw in Ahuna's class) and my few notes.. But well, greek history.. I studied it last year with all the other civilizations... Maybe I'll pass it. As Kinga was studying as well, it was pretty normal that we made lunch together, watched How I met your mother, laughed more than usual.. and at some point we were studying estonian/hungarian instead of our topics.. And yesterday I was just so fed up that I took a small bath at midnight, hahahaa..




And then it was the day. The exam started at 9AM but of course, the professor wasn't there. Also she hadn't respond to any of my e-mails that I've had sent to her, asking whether I can do this exam in english or not. And I was actually so nervous because at night when I checked UNIWEB (Italian ÕIS) there wasn't any exam.. But finally she showed up, of course my name was not on the list, of course I could have done my exam in english and so I had to wait until it's my turn. With me, there was around 50 people as well, waiting for their time and after 3rd student they told that they're going to have a pause at 13 and they'll continue on at 15. Phuh, at least my number was 5... But then I just started to notice what's happening around me. The italians had so many books, everywhere! Notes opened on topics that I hadn't read about.. One girl next to me told me that it's her first exam and she doesn't want to fail it.. She was nearly crying, which reminded me yesterday's Viviana's reaction when she got to know that she failed.. OMG: What's going to happen with me, then? The re-exam is on 26th but then I'm already in Val di Fiemme.. Hmm... AIUTO!!!!



And then It was my turn. They thought that my name is TARTU ÜLIKOOL because on my matriculation document there is my name and my university. And the professor asked me to talk about Marathon. What Marathon???? Aaa, the battle of Marathoon.. Yeaaa... And so I spoke.. about Athens, Sparta, Persian wars, Xerxes, Leonidas... everything that came to my mind. I couldn't memorize the word "Soldier" but that was okay, because I was talking .. much.. And then I got it . 30 of 30. WOWOWIWOU!
Maybe it was because I was too Erasmus. Trying hard not to fail. Maybe the english part helped me. Maybe I was just lucky with the topic, as it could have been also philosophers, Parthenon or Herodotos "Historia"... But wars and dates have always been easy for me.. So maybe it helped as well.

Anyways, next Tuesday I suppose it gets A LOT harder.. Latin literature in italian. At least this time I have italian books.. and also WIKIPEDIA and YOUTUBE, hahahahahaha..

But I have to mention that although Patrick doesn't believe it, my italian has been improved a lot.  Here's a new story:

Estonian girl Raine has been inviting me to her place which is somewhere in the mountains.. And her friends (or couchsurfing friends) had an event for Saturday: CSPolada al chiaro di luna, which meant walking under the moon.. With snowrackets.. Although I had to study .. I went.. And I don't have to regret because it was AWESOME!!!!










But why my italian is improving a lot? Because well.. besides me and Raine and ukrainian boy and maroccon boy.. all the others were italian. And although italian tend to say that they do speak in english then in the crowd it's always otherwise. Festa italiano!! E ho parlato molto.... But I love it! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And also, sometimes the party gets so hard that you may break the couch...




And oh, Raine's home... Aitäh, kallis!!! :) It was wonderful!



And maybe it is good for my studies that I just go out to the nature at the weekend.. or go to the Carnival.. or just enjoy my stay until I can.... Mi piace! :*

And again, Thank You, Mommy, EMME!!!, that you encouraged me.. and helped me.. This is for you..

A TE......


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento