lunedì 4 febbraio 2013

6 days and one snowboard

And it's already February.. My last month of joy, fun and happiness in Padova. Eat, love and pray.. And study. Well, after successful Storia greca exam I relaxed a bit, watched a lot of HIMYM series (and made Kinga an addict as well), had a party on Wednesday night, met random Dubai guys (next blog post will be about "local" guys hitting on girls) and started studying again.. My next exam is on Tuesday and it's about latin literature, so far I've understood that I have to study ALL THE BOOK but as it is in italian, I don't understand half of it, so I'm again in Wikipedia and in my mom's books.. and I still don't know whether I can do this exam in english or not.. We'll see...
But it's always good to relax (again) and as Amaia had begged me to come to ESN Snowday which took place on Saturday, I went.. Although I've had 5-days snowboard experience from last year, I was still so worried.. But everything went fine.



We were skiing/snowboarding in Predazzo, in Val di Fiemme. As we had to leave 6am and I decided to sleep at Asia's place. Bus ride took 3 hours and most of the time, me and Amaia were sleeping on each other shoulders. I dreamed that we were in Luxemburg with a car and Moritz lost his skis (!?) But when I opened my eyes I saw a lot of snow... And then I started to remind so many things of my last year's trip to Are, Sweden... How I was so bad in the beginning, when Risto had to teach me whole day long with Jäku and how he had to stand my screaming and whining...Love you! :)




How we lived one week in one small cottage, just the 7 of us, how we had dinners, parties, good and bad moments, but we were still together..


And Amaia, especially for you, picture about the naked run:


Oh yeah, memories-memories.. But now, I knew how to snowboard (hahaha, without so good turnings, but still) and although the weather wasn't so nice as we had expected (windy and cloudy), I  enjoyed this day a lot...


Niko who did skiing for the first time.. Was way better than my first time on skis-remember how I broke my knee? At least he knew how to fall..Once we just found his one ski on the other side of the slope. Good job! 





Of course, we had some incidents. On the way up I lost my one glove and although Moritz, Amaia and Luisa  tried to find it, I'd still name it mission impossible...



It's always hard for me to arrive with a skilift. I just don't know where to put my snowboard and where to put my leg. There as well, I found a new italian "buddy", the instructor who was all the time giving me looks when I couldn't make it. But after trying at least 10 times, I managed it and he shouted: "Brava, bella!" Nice!


By the way, here, in Italy or overall, in Southern Europe,  skiing doesn't count as cross-country skiing, as we think. When I say that I've skied for almost all of my life, they think that I've been living in the mountains for along time. Even in italian language "Sciare"-to ski-mäesuusatama; "Sciare da fondo"-cross-country skiing-suusatama (otsetõlkes: maad suusatama). But on that day we saw a lot of skiiers, a few from 40 people' Erasmus group were snowboarding.. Northern thing, aye? :)

So back to reality and studying.. In Padova we have 11 degrees and sunshine and oh, men who died 2000 years ago, it's so interesting....



But in 3 weeks I'm back again in Val di Fiemme. Why? You can ask from me :)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento